Time tracking is a key way to know how much time you are spending on a Pod/Project. With Brightpod Time Tracking, you can:
- Record time manually by pod or for a specific task.
- Track time with a timer for a specific task.
- Budget time for each project.
- Choose between billable and non-billable time.
- Use Insights to know how much time was spent by team member, client, or pod within a certain date range.
- Export all your time tracking information to a .CSV spreadsheet.
To see all of your tracked time for a project in one place, go to Pods, select a Pod, and click Time.
Here, you have the option to enter time manually or start a timer, see which tasks already have time associated to them, see if the time is billable or not, and export the time tracked.
Quickly add time to a task and Pod
From anywhere within Brightpod, you can click the global + icon and select Time.
Here, you can choose to start a timer or to enter time manually.
To add time to a Pod manually
1. Go to the Time page of your pod, click Add Time and enter the information. Note: This recorded time will not be associated to a task, only to the pod.
2. Click Add Time.
3. If there is something that needs to be edited, hover over the time entry and click Edit.
To add time using a timer
1a. Go to the Time page of your pod and click Start Timer.
1b. Click a task to open task details. On the right hand side, click Start Timer.
2. Select the Pod and Task that you want to start tracking time towards.
3. Click Start Timer.
4. At any time, you can pause or submit your time from the clock at the top of the page.
5. Review your entry, make any changes, and submit your time. Tip: You can access this time entry from the Time page of the pod at any time.
Watch how you can record time with a timer
Exporting and reports
If you want the contents of this page as a .CSV spreadsheet, click Export.
If you want the tracked time by Client, go to Insights then Filter by Client, and click Export.
Time tracking is included in Studio, Agency, and Agency Plus plans.