A Milestone is a marker or a goal that you want to achieve for a list of tasks. When you create tasks, they are in task lists. A task list can be associated to a milestone.
For example, you could have a milestone called Client First Demo and then have tasks associated with that milestone. As you complete your tasks, you will be able to see the progress of your milestone as well.
Administrators and team members can add milestones and associate them to task lists.
To create a milestone
1. Select the pod you want to add a milestone to.
2. Click the Milestone tab.
3. Click New Milestone.
4. This will open up a section so you can enter all of the details of your milestone:
- Responsible Person
- Start Date
Once you create a milestone, your team members may associate it to any task list and keep track of it.
Watch how to add a Milestone to your pod
Associating a milestone to an existing task list
1. Select the pod where you want to manage your milestones.
2. Go to tasks.
3. Choose the task list to which you want to associate a milestone.
4. Hover over the task list’s name and click Edit.
5. Select a milestone from the drop down under “Link to Milestone” and click Update.
Setting a milestone while creating a new task list
1. Go to the tasks tab in your pod and click the green button New Task List. Give a name and a description to your new task list.
2. Choose from the available milestones under “Link to Milestone” and click Add Task List.
The status of a milestone changes as you complete each task in a task list. Once you reach the goal and complete all the tasks in the task list, you can mark the milestone as “Completed”.
1. Go to the milestones tab.
2. Hover your mouse over your completed milestone and click completed.