A Pod is a project or organizational structure that is under continuous development. You can specify a date range, keep track of the hours spent on a project, and more.
To create a pod,
1. Click the orange pod and select New Pod.
2. Now, you can choose to Create a Blank Pod or Create a Pod From a Workflow. In this example, we will be creating a blank Pod which is basically creating a project from scratch. If you want to learn more about Workflows, see the FAQ What are Workflows?
3. Enter all of the information for your new Pod.
- Pod Name – This will show up across Brightpod as the name of the Pod.
- Start Date & Due Date – Specify when the Pod will start and when/if it is scheduled to end.
- Budgeted Time – Set a total number of hours to be worked on this Pod. This helps you keep track of time spent on tasks.
- Client – Add a new client or select from existing clients.
- Pod Lead – Choose who is the head of the project and be able to add Team members, Task Lists, and Milestones, and manage the Pod.
- Pod Color – Assign a color for your new project. This will help you identify tasks for this project on the Calendar.
- Description – A description will help your team know more about the Pod details.
4. Click Add People to this Pod or Skip & Continue to Pod if you don’t want to add any team members right now.